Sunday 21 April 2013

A Choices Must be Made!



And so the moment has arrived. The throne of swords is done and though throughout I have been thinking (careful now, really it's true I have been thinking) about the person to place on the throne. The person who inspired the creation of the throne, is for those who have been reading these blogs, the Biblical King Saul. 

The question now is, how to represent what I'm trying to communicate in my own mind. Not in the mind of the viewer, but my mind. If I'm true to my intentions the rest will take care of itself.

So, do I make him "small" compared to the huge throne? That has a huge message, lack of control, feeling small in the world of choices of how to live and so on. "It's not my fault my life has gone crappers, look how small I am...! Maybe, small and in the fetal position on the seat of the chair! More messages being communicated. 

Do I make him "realistically," a king with a crown sitting on his throne. The correct size to match this chair? Well, seems boring to me, but it is a real consideration for sure and still has a message. 

What about a clown? Wow, this actually makes sense to me would you believe it. The real king Saul was actually "clown-ish" if there is such a word. OK, let me just go with this for a bit. He was chosen by the people for his outward appearance  They, the people ignored his inner "un-spiritual" reality. There are no references at all to any relationship he might have had to the religious belief system of the Israelite nation. They chose a person who looked good, had money, and was head and shoulders taller than the crowd. That was the basis on which they chose him to be their king. A recipe for disaster in any situation. Of course, since he did not participate in the regular feasts, Sabbaths or the regular schedule of the temple and the Jewish faith, either inwardly or outwardly, he had no regular reminders of who God is or inner moral guidance for that matter. With no real moral compass it is no surprise that his life just spiraled out of control. Once envy, anger and the fruits of un-forgiveness took control, his life became a total freak show. He was an embarrassment as a king. A clown really, ha! Bustling about, "looking kingly", but always in the background making bad decisions, like offering a sacrifice when he was told to wait, making crazy oaths and willing to have his own son Jonathan, who was unaware of the oath he'd declared, killed for not obeying it. Just to mention a few! Interestingly Johnathan was the one member of his family who actually "believed" and had the Spirit of God in him! Amazing. You can see how Saul actually became a tool of the "dark side!"

How do you make a king look like a clown? 

I could also add a few things like, having some sheep's wool lying around. (Wolf in sheep's clothing?) Maybe he should have a large dog sitting at his feet. How about a small "lap dog" on his lap growling, bearing it's teeth? Hey, I like that!  

This has been good, writing about the possibilities, very helpful, thank you for your indulgence.

I have some decisions to make.

"...Priests and prophets stagger from beer and are befuddled with wine;...they stumble when rendering decisions."    Isaiah 28:7







  

No comments: