Monday 20 June 2011

A Tight Rope


So I went to my studio on Clifton....

Spent a few hours working on the rope. I am quite happy with the results. I used a wood tool to make the twisted groves in rope and then for the "twist in the twist," I used a comb's teeth to lightly brush along the rope. Makes it look like an old hemp kind of rope. Reminds me of binder twine which we used every where back on the farm when I was a kid.


It is also important in this case to indicate the tightness of the rope. This can be done in several ways...make the rope look like it's stretching, the straight lines of the rope itself, bunching up the skin, the swelling of the skin and showing how it is pressed into the skin or the wrist. All of it screams of pain.


Not only do I know that Candace is alive today but that God numbed her feelings just for this, the biggest test of her life....

"Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished? Where were the upright ever destroyed."
Job 4:7

No comments: