Wednesday 3 August 2011

Surprise Reasons for Vacationing...

   Don't worry how he looks, he's happy I'm back!

So I went to my studio...

as soon as I could after we got back from our vacation trip. I could not wait to see all my guys, see how they were doing and bringing them up to snuff on everything. I noticed that they had not changed a lot. Other than having dried some in the heat, things seemed much the same.

Except, I realized I’d changed. I had to explain that I’d actually gained a new perspective, or two.

For example I had to admit that I really missed my studio. That I had thought about it a lot, and according to my traveling companion I also talked about it all the time. That I was possibly a bit too anxious to get back home I suspect, for her liking.

Also, that since the art show was about 7 months away it was important to kind of step back and prioritize my creative work. Discipline myself to make a list of artwork that might be “relevant” for the show in Feb. What feelings and issues did I really want to express? I could tell all my guys in the studio thought that had been a good idea.

Then I had to do some thinking and planning about how I would go about making enough time for myself to make all of these items. I explained that I had a plan that I could realistically implement. I could hear the applause.

So, now that my business stuff for the end of July is done and I can get down to it. I’m  glad I had the vacation and I’m glad I’m back. Let’s turn on the music, the coffee maker and get busy....

“The slave drivers kept pressing them, saying, "Complete the work required of you for each day...”   Exodus 5:13

No comments: