Sunday 27 November 2011

I'm on a High...

What a wonderful day at the studio yesterday! 

There was a lot of fresh snow on my driveway as I left the house. I wondered, if people would come out in such conditions.

I’d forgotten, these are Winnipegers!

At 11:00 AM sharp friends and strangers began to appear in our upstairs studio, pausing in the gallery viewing area, slowly moving from one display to the next. There were quiet comments, pauses to bend over and take a second look, smiles. Wispered conversations. Possible gifts being considered...Christmas of course is just around the corner.

I was putting the finishing touches on the display of my works I’d arranged in my studio when the first guests wondered by...the rest is a wonderful blur.

“Hi, remember us...we lived across the street from your kids...”
“... it's an under-glaze with a clear glaze overtop of it...
“... must have been very therapeutic...
“... oh my, you came, fantastic...”
“finally I see the real thing, been following your blogs...”
“let’s tour the other artist studios...
“...so why do the scales have that cloth over them?”
“Sorry, I’m rattling on, am I boring you?...are you sure?
“OK, time for a coffee...

People walking out with carefully lovingly packed purchases by artists saying “good-by” to their pieces...

Fellow artists smiling at one another with quiet joy at the crowds milling about...

It is so fantastic being part of a community of artists who are willing to assist potential customers find what they are looking for, directing them on to another artist’s studio if necessary...

Lunch was a quick cinnamon bun and another cup of coffee...while chatting with another new friend...

I am on a high, and cannot wait for this day to begin.



The next stage in the saga of "the ball",
though it might not look to good now,
will have to continue on Monday!

“God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.”
Genesis 1:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that you had a great time on Saturday! wish we could have been there.
O