Sunday 8 April 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Mind


Preliminary Plans for this Morning!

What a week!

First of all you will notice there was no blog yesterday morning. Sorry, about that. My computer was not sitting in it’s usual place to remind me of my committed obligations in the blogging department of my life.

We did though have great weather this week. Actually for a few weeks then suddenly last night it snowed! Slightly. Even now, as I write I see it’s minus 1degrees, which is unusual. Weird saying that in Manitoba at this time. But that’s how it’s been this year. Mild.

Wilma launched her website this week and had a launch night where a few of us bloggers got together. I’d set up my computer with a projector and we all took turns bringing up our blog sites. It was a “you show me yours and I’ll show you mine” kind of evening. It was fun, informative and also a lot of fun, OK, I already said that. It was also very encouraging for all of us. A great way to launch a website.

Meanwhile, after everyone said good-bye, I noticed my computer had changed. Nothing but huge print and icons! And try as I might I could not change it. None of the usual ways of adjusting the size of things would take. After hours of struggling with it over the next few days did nothing to change things. It was awkward and unreasonably difficult to do anything on my computer. Everything was so huge, only a small portion of the normal screen was visible on the screen. It was time to call in our techie team, it was time to call Odia our daughter to the rescue.

Wilma was scheduled to go to Altona on Thursday night for the usual, of late weekly Amity Publishing “IT” meeting. Which really is a meeting where Odia continues working on Wilma’s Website to develop it further. So she took my computer along for her to work on. Reports I’ve heard up to this point include references to the difficulty it was to wrestle the thing (my obstinate computer) back into shape. That was a relief. First, relief that it was hard. (for once it was  not simply an obvious solution I’d missed!) Secondly, that I had my computer back. Yea.

Well, my computer, a laptop, is situated in our living room. Moves from table to visible storage slot as need of usage arises. Upon her return Wilma dutifully placed the computer in it’s traveling bag into my office. And, that is where it’s been till this morning. When, shortly after the alarm rang it occurred to me with horror, I haven’t written my blogs! “Ahhhhhhhhhhh.” I scrambled out of bed hearing muffled sounds something like “What?, What?, What?” from the other side of the bed!

It’s been an unusually different kind of week or two for us, this week. There’s the allergy thing which makes me weirded out. Tired, runny eyes, not wanting to see anyone etc. Had a few medical tests about “other things” come back with news that I’m ageing. Surprise surprise. Saturday, (yesterday) I put in about 11 hours working on my business, doing quotes and cleaning at two different places. Also this week, for the first time, attended the annual “Clifton Studios Art Co-0perative” business meeting. Then, Friday I got a panic call from the children’s department in our church, Would I be willing to draw pictures while the speaker tells the kids the “Big God Story”. (Basically a 15 min. or so summary of what’s in the Bible) So all day yesterday (my busy Saturday) during coffees and meals, I was busy planning and sketching drawings that would reflect his talk. I’ve got the large paper now in the house and will be planning the “places” of the many little drawings on the sheet, before we go to church this morning. Talk about walking into the unknown! So exciting.

I managed to get to my studio one day this week and continued details on the “Mercy Flight” piece.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, as they say. Next week...things should be back to normal! That’s a joke. We are picking up Syras and Natasha from the airport next Friday night! Cannot wait.

“Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight”
Luke 24:31

No comments: