Friday 11 May 2012

Art Show #2 in Altona This Summer!!!


I am a little excited.

It gives me great pleasure to announce my second art show. Let me give you the details here so you know where to get them when needed.

The “Altona Gallery in the Park” features their art shows in a large turn of the century home, renovated beautifully into an art gallery. It is set in an outdoor sculpture garden with a fountain, a stream and sculptures all around. It is a beautiful place for a walk of contemplation outdoors midst a variety of art. It is very inspiring.

They are open in the summer only with two shows, a spring and a fall show. I will be in the spring show. Also, I will not be the only artist showing, but I do not know at this time who they are and what will be on display along with my art. But, you might also be interested to know that I will have several new pieces in the show. 

Dates of Show: From June 2 to the end of July, 2012.
Opening will be June 2, doors opening at noon.

General Hours: Open Tue – Sun from 12:00pm – 8:00pm during Spring and Fall Season of 2012. Open July 1 Canada Day, Aug. 6 Civic Holiday and Sept. 3 Labour Day.

Check out their website at: www.altonagalleryinthepark

If you wish to make plans and have questions, here are the numbers:
Year round: (204) 324-9005 and at the Gallery (seasonal) (204)324-9610

How to get there: Altona is a one hour drive from Winnipeg. A normal easy route is to go south on Pembina Hwy. (# 75) Turn right (West) on Hwy. # 14 and South on # 30. Once you are there turn West on 10th Ave. NW to the Gallery. (Simply follow the signs to the gallery.)

I would like to invite all my readers to come out and see this amazing and classy art gallery. It is a great opportunity to go for a drive and make it special. A drive in the country including enjoying little art in the process is a good thing. The town is delightful and has some neat restaurants and you could check dates of other summer events, you might also include in your outing. I’m sure you will love it.

Here is a note about the creator and his creative work you would see on the way to the gallery...

“The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain, they shout for joy and sing.”
Psalm 65:13

No comments: