Thursday 8 September 2011

Silver Applied

A metallic silver base color.

On my way to the studio I picked up more of the metallic colors I needed for Jonah, and immediately went to work giving him that first coat.

Above you see the results of "phase one" of the coloring process.
What do you think? Can you see how the "metallic" aspect communicates his character. Namely things like; unbending, cold, harsh, brash and so on. That will be more obvious when the next color is applied.

If you look closely at the water at the base of the boat, you will see a hint of blue (which I had applied earlier) showing through the silver! Love it.

Next, I will be applying the black gel over-top this silver. I know that sounds crazy but trust me, it will be amazing. (I hope!) Once applied I will take a damp cloth and rub the black away at areas of highlight or interest to bring out the silver beneath. I am so looking forward to see what that will look like! Yes, I'm just as curious as you are!

"Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay."  Dan. 2:41





1 comment:

Horst Peters said...

The metallic colour looks great. I really enjoy reading about your creative processes.