Sunday 28 October 2012

My Birthday Gift, Minneapolis.


The "Birthday Boy" at the Walker Art Gallery Minneapolis MN

The "Funky" restaurant in the Walker Art Gallery

I guess it is pretty obvious, I have no photo to start off my blog as usual. Let me explain. First, I promise I will have a picture inserted sometime this evening after we have arrived back home from Minneapolis. Yesterday evening, when I sat down to do this blog I realised I'd left the cable for connecting my camera to the computer in the car. So, if you are reading this before then, you will have to come back again to see the photo. I promise you won't be disappointed!

We arrived Friday evening, checked into our hotel and just crashed. We had a room service supper, watched TV and planned out our Saturday's activities.

So yesterday we arrived at the Walker Art Centre just in time for lunch. They have a very beautiful funky/artsy cafeteria on the second floor jutting out to the edge of the street. We got a table by the windows and just enjoyed the sun (Which we haven't had for seemingly 2 whole weeks or so in Winnipeg!) and the decor of the place. We just enjoyed sinking into the artsy ambiance of the whole art gallery. Everything seemed to be so different, unique and creative. It was wonderful to behold and experience. 

After that we began going through the exhibitions. "Dance Works 111" was very interesting. It had to do with a very creative wardrobe creator who ignored the usual tutus and created a wardrobe for the dancers with lumps and growth looking things at unusual places, shapes in unusual places. The dancers now did not really have the usual human profile for a body. The amazing line I took away from that exhibit was, "It's not a consideration of weather the clothing were functional but that the thought one has needs to be respected and expressed." I realised I've been much too busy "editing" my thoughts, not respecting them as I should have. 

In fact, when 5pm arrived we had not finished getting through all the exhibits! Both of us were so energised. 

After this we went off to the Mall of America. Did a little shopping and went out for my birthday supper at Ruby Tuesday's in the mall. We had a great talk sharing our thoughts about several important subjects, including how grateful we are for where we are at as a couple and in the joy we have now doing what we love. What we'd dreamt of doing all our lives. 

Then, it was back to the car, reprogramming the amazing GPS technology and getting back to the hotel so I could write and tell you all about it.

It is one of the best birthday gifts I've ever had.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..."
James 1:17




No comments: