Sunday 12 August 2012

Foxy David # 2



As you know, a while back I sold my first “Foxy David”. So, I had to make another one. On Tuesday of this week I fired “Foxy David #2!

This one looks different from the first one. The first one was made after the preliminary hearing, fresh from hearing for the first time what had actually happened to our daughter. Plus also, hearing for the first time how it came about that Grant and his friends had actually been checking out the girls at the store next to the school. Had he “stalked” Candace?

What has happened since then? Why would this second version look so serious and angry? The first one is strangely quit and more fun! I mean both have their serious side, the power sword, the spy glass, the tombstone of death and the foxy head.

Possibly, over time I’ve changed. I have now done Samson, with a similar theme, the objectification and control of women. I seem to have something happening about my attitude toward the male who abuses, uses and mistreats women. I see it as the male confused, misunderstanding and misusing his masculinity and power. What is power? How do I show strength? Servant-hood and forgiveness is seen as weakness so, sadly, aggression is chosen as the way of revenge and perceived success.  

Are the recent various mass shootings an expression of general male panic as they feel somehow emasculated and so are seeking to demonstrate their ability to be powerful and avenge themselves? I would suggest their minds are ruminating over and over about hurts, insults or offences, against their person, (“male rights?”) real or not. (Including being bullied, not being treated with respect, humiliations, even police arrests etc.) Choosing to react and respond in many and various destructive and useless ways to make things right for themselves. In their minds, getting even or revenge.
Basically living the “un-forgiving” lifestyle resulting in the continued growth of anger into deep bitterness.  Ultimately bitterness will cause people to act out in unthinkable tragic ways like shootings at schools, theaters, places of worship etc.

It becomes very clear I as a father and almost grandfather must attempt to model and propose good and healthy ways to deal with “life” and what it brings. (Both the good and the bad!) Ways that both male and female can experience joy, openness and fulfilment to all the wonderful things life has to offer. This will result in “true life” and a positive lasting legacy.

 “Does the rain have a father? Who fathers the drops of dew?”
Job 38:29

No comments: