Saturday 22 October 2011

A Time to Dance...

"Dancing David" is done!

My studio seems stranger all the time. I have more completed figures on the shelves and it's looking different.

The figure of Dancing David has been there for a long time, in the different stages of development. I remember those days and I always felt for him, being so vulnerable and incomplete. It took a while for him to realize his full potential as a finished figurine in my studio.

In real life, that was his journey also. It took a long time for him to finally experience the kingship he’d been assured was his when he was still a teen. But when it all finally came together the day of dancing came, and he did it with all his might!

I don’t think we dance enough. I don’t. I grew up a “Mennonite” and that killed it right there. In the last few years I have been learning to enjoy victories and blessings with a little, let me say “movement of the physical” and I have to say that I enjoy it. Even just the physical movement itself brings a smile. In my case, it’s not pretty, but it does feel good.

I am happy for David!

Join me and David in a dance of celebration.

That reminds me, I should really talk to Wilma about dancing lessons this winter!

“...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.”
Ecclesiastes 3:3-5







No comments: